We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting it. We also want to be very clear on what information is collected and how it is used when you are using our services.
We’ve tried to keep this policy as simple as possible. If you have any questions regarding privacy, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information for the purpose of improving our services and to better understand how people use our content and services.
We collect information in two ways:
Information provided by you
We collect information explicitly provided by you when you use some of our services. For example, when you sign up for an account, you fill out a form containing some personal information like your name and e-mail address.
Information we get automatically by your use of our services
We collect information provided by your device automatically when you use some of our services. This information includes:
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website or use our online services, and this may include sending one or more cookies or other forms of anonymous identifiers to your device.
- Log information
When you use our services or visit our website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs.
This may include:
- IP address.
- Your approximate location (based on IP address).
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How we use information we collect
Our services let you provide us with personal and potentially sensitive information that we will not share with others. We use that information solely for the purpose of the functionality within our services.
Examples of such use includes:
- Your name, e-mail address and phone number can be shared with other users so that they can quickly contact you from our smartphone application.
- Your progress and actions on jobs and reports can be shared with other users so that you can coordinate your team efforts.
- Your location and location history can be stored so that you can view your tracks later, and you may also share this information with other users.
We will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent (which you may give for example by inviting another user or sending an e-mail from within one of our applications), unless we are required by law, regulation or a legal process.
Sometimes our employees, partners or contractors might need to access personal information when we’re providing you support or doing maintenance or development on our systems. However, the information will not leave our servers.
Automatically collected information such as cookies and log information are used to improve our services and to gain a better understanding of how people use our services. This information is primarily anonymous (cannot be used to personally identify you) and in that case it may be shared with one of our partners to help us in our analysis.
Choosing what to share
We strive to be as clear as possible about what information is collected. If at any time you feel uncertain of how our privacy controls work, please contact us.
Collection of browser cookies can be disabled simply by blocking cookies in your browser. However, some or all features of the services may not function properly if you do so.
Location information will not be collected if you turn off the GPS and location services on your smartphone.
Accessing, updating and deleting your information.
We aim to provide you with simple-to-use facilities to create, access, update and delete all your information. If you find that your information is incorrect or inaccessible in any way, please contact us.
We aim to protect your information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, when you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. However, you may request complete destruction of your data by contacting us.
We work hard to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular, we:
- Provide encrypted communication with SSL.
- Offer authentication via OpenID and Google accounts, which in turn can offer two-factor authentication.
- Regularly review and audit our information collection, storage and security practices.
- Backup user information regularly to physically separated locations.
How to Contact Us
Or, see the Contact Us page.